3D Design Competition: A Monument to American and Indonesian Relations
Wednesday 22 January 2014
@america invites innovative designers to create a 3D monument celebrating relations between the U.S. and Indonesia. Participants will attend a technical meeting with @america staff to learn how to adapt their designs to the Makerbot printer. A selection of three finalists will have their 3D designs printed. The best design will be selected during a special awards ceremony held at @america.
Register and submit your design at firstname.lastname@example.org. See the "Contests" section of our website for complete guidelines. Submission deadline: March 20th, 2014.
Important Dates and Deadlines:
- Initial Design Online Submission Deadline: Thursday, February 6th
- Technical Meeting at @america (attendance mandatory): Thursday, February 20th, 3-5pm
- Final Design Online Submission Deadline: March 20th
- Announce Finalists: Saturday, March 29th at Makers Fair @america
Rules and regulations
- Participants must be between the ages of 18 and 35 years old
- Participants must be Indonesian
- The design must be an original work
- The monument should be iconic of both nations. National monument examples that can serve as references include the Statue of Liberty, Mt. Rushmore, MONAS, and Tugu Pahlawan
- Participants must register for the technical meeting, using the following link
- Participants must submit initial and final designs to email@example.com, according to the following speculations:
- Initial design may be submitted as an image file either in JPEG or PDF
- The final design file must be created using 3D printing software and saved with the format extension .stl, .obj, or .thing. Detailed instructions for creating these files will be shared during the technical meeting (also see the Makerbotwebsite for more details, http://www.makerbot.com/)
- A one-paragraph description must accompany the monument submission
- The final design should correspond to the specifications of the Makerbot 3D Printer:
- Maximum dimension size should be: 28.5L x 15.3W x 15.5H cm
- Color choice (filament monochrome): white, grey, green, acid green, blue, yellow.
- Please refer to the Makerbot website for further details
- The design should be one piece