Competition: Wall to Wall
Sunday 18 October 2015
Show the world your art! @america’s Mural Wall competition is a chance for you to have your original artwork displayed in public. Pitch your design to us and win a contract to apply that design to @america's interior for all the world to see. Also win some cool art materials for your future design works.
Rules and Regulations:
- Contestant(s) must be an Indonesian citizen
- Age range: 15-30 years old
- Design must be original and never published anywhere before
- Design must capture something about the relationship between Indonesia and the United States
- Contestants must submit images of previous work (designs and/or images from actual projects)
- Submitted designs must be producible
- Contestants may work as a group
There are two walls to cover so contestants must submit two designs, one for each wall:
- Wall 1: 10 x 2 meter
- Wall 2: 6.5 x 2 meter
How to enter:
- Attach the completed design as either a .jpeg or .pdf file format and e-mail it to email@example.com with the subject: "@america Mural Wall Competition".
- In the same e-mail, also attach files showing samples of your previous work or provide a link to view that work.
- You will also need to explain your submitted design's concept by Instagram video (attach the link in email body). Your explanation can be in English or Bahasa Indonesia. Your explanation should answer the following questions:
- How does your design reflect the partnership between the United States and Indonesia?
- Why have you chosen the elements of style in your design to reflect the partnership between the United States and Indonesia?
You are also required to include a quote covering the costs to produce your design.
The deadline for submission is midnight, November 11th, 2015. Anything received after that date will not be reviewed.
Winner(s) will be announced on November 17th, 2015. Winners will then have until Monday, November 30th to produce their winning design.
Designs should NOT promote alcohol, illegal drugs, tobacco, firearms/weapons or any activities that may appear dangerous or inappropriate, including promoting any particular political agenda or message.
What you’ll win:
- Winners will be decided by @america. All judging decisions are final.
Winners will be awarded a contract to produce their winning design for display at @america
- Winners will have their winning design on display at @america as well as receive the following art supplies.