Innovators@america: Build your Industrial Revolution 4.0 Idea with Experts
Calling Indonesian aspiring Innovators to participate in the “Innovators @america” program that will help you to scale your Industrial Revolution 4.0 project through series of mentoring and workshop activities facilitated by representatives of US tech companies and Indonesian tech startups.
Industrial Revolution 4.0 begins in the 21st century where automation and data exchange will disrupt all sectors with technologies that will incorporate cyber-physical systems, Internet of Things (IoT), cloud computing and cognitive computing. We believe that major US tech companies have much to contribute to the implementation of the Industrial Revolution 4.0 in Indonesia. This Innovation workshop program will endeavor to build a connection between major US companies (e.g GE, Intel) with Indonesian innovators who are attempting to build more sustainable products to meet the challenge of Industrial Revolution 4.0.
Identify and develop the scaling capacity of Indonesian innovator’s projects by providing access to series of mentoring and workshop sessions organized by Innovesia, in partnership with @america
About Innovesia and Makedonia
Makedonia maker community was founded by four partners (Danny Kosasih, Yurry Razi, Imanzah Nurhidayat, Dina Kosasih) in October 2014 with the mission to help local innovators in scaling their hardware projects that include IOT, wearable devices and 3D printing.
Makedonia has developed relationships and partnered with US tech companies in organizing programs and events that promotes Industrial Revolution 4.0 technologies.
The two founders (Danny Kosasih, and Yurry Razy) of Makedonia initiated an innovation investing arm service in 2015, Innovesia that accelerates innovation in corporates and startups following Innovesia's “Innovation by Design” approach. More information about and list of projects by Innovesia can be found at: www.designthinking.id
Innovators @america Program Details
The Innovators @america program will select 10 participating teams (consist of 2-3 persons per team) to follow a series of curated and facilitated workshops that will support the goals of Industrial Revolution 4.0 technologies. This workshop program will invite representatives from established US tech companies and Indonesian tech startups to share their experiences and explore potential collaboration with the selected participants.
By participating in this program, participants will also have access to the network of @america and Innovesia that consists of stakeholders from international organizations and tech companies from the United States. Upon program completion, @america and Innovesia will facilitate the connection of these participants to opportunities (e.g funding, project partnerships) coming from both networks.
To participate in this program, applicants must submit their information to the registration form here. Only selected participants can participate in the program, however the sessions are open to the public.
The applicants must be:
- Indonesian citizens
- Applicants must register as team of at least 2, maximum 3 members.
- All applicant team members must be the age of 20 years to 35 years old, OR must be at least attending universities or college.
Applicants (teams) must already have a product concept in the form of prototype or Minimum Viable Product (MVP) incorporating one of the following Industrial Revolution 4.0 technologies:
- Logical Layer: Artificial Intelligence and Big Data
- Connectivity Layer: Internet of Things (IoT)
- Physical Layer: 3D printing, Advanced Robotics, AR and VR wearables
- All selected applicants (teams) must be committed to attend the offline activities organized at @america in person.
The registration application form will be available online at @america’s website on February 19th, 2019. Applicants will have to submit their application before March, 2nd, 2019
There will be application launch event February 21st, 2019 to be conducted at @america to promote about the program, and also a QnA opportunity for potential applicants.
: Andrew Hendrawan (Halosis), Sony Soemarso (BikinBot), Danny Kosasih (Moderator, Innovesia)
: Friday, February 21st, 2019
: 13:30-15.00 pm
Applications will be reviewed by:
- @america and Innovesia team
- Technical experts
10 applicants will be selected to participate in the “Innovators @america” program:
Application will be evaluated on the following criteria:
What problem is the project is trying to solve?
- How does it solve the intended problem?
- Is the project different from the traditional approaches to this problem?
- What problem is the project is trying to solve?
Does the project incorporate a new technology component related to Industrial Revolution 4.0?
- Cyber-physical systems;
- Internet of Things (IoT);
- Cloud computing; and
- Cognitive computing
- Does the project generate, utilize and analyse data from various sources?
- Does the project incorporate a new technology component related to Industrial Revolution 4.0?
- Is the project concept or prototype relevant to the story of problem it intends to solve?
- Concept Evaluation:
- The closing date of the application registration is March 2nd, 2019
- The application selection team will prioritize applicants from Jabodetabek (Jakarta, Bogor, Depok, Tangerang, Bekasi) area. All decisions are final.
- @america and Innovesia team will notify the 10 selected applicants by email and announce via social media by March 6th, 2019
- If any of the 10 selected applicants cannot be reached or does not reply the notification email within 24 hours after the initial notification, @america reserves the right to select that participant’s replacement.
- All selected applicants and its team members must be able to attend the offline events at the @america conducted between March 13th - March 27th (TBD) as detailed above.
- Employees of @america, the United States Embassy - Indonesia, Innovesia family members, or anyone else connected in any way to the competition are excluded from competition participation.
- Register through the application link available at the @america website.
- Complete and submit the application form March 2nd, 2019
Application Selection Procedure:
- All applications will be evaluated by @america and technical reviewers from Innovesia.
- The application selection procedures will select the 10 teams to join the Innovators @america program.
- The announcement of selected teams will be available on @america website and social media on March 6th, 2019.
The Program Benefit:
The 10 selected applicants will enjoy the following benefits from the Innovators @america program:
- Participate in series of curated mentoring sessions from the representatives of the leading US tech companies, and Indonesian tech startups.
- Increase your networking through Innovesia’s partners that can help to develop your prototype to meet the demand of the market.
- Opportunity to promote their innovation ideas post Innovators @america program completion at related @america meetup program or @america promotional channels.