English Composition I course is open to any student interested in improving their writing. The content is equivalent to a semester of a first-year writing course. Students should have basic English proficiency and exposure to secondary-level (high-school level) English or composition.
You will gain a foundation for college-level writing valuable for nearly any field. Students will learn how to read carefully, write effective arguments, understand the writing process, engage with others' ideas, cite accurately, and craft powerful prose.
Course Learning Objectives:
- Summarize, analyze, question, and evaluate written and visual texts
- Argue and support a position
- Recognize audience and disciplinary expectations
- Identify and use the stages of the writing process
- Identify characteristics of effective prose
- Apply proper citation practices
- Discuss applying your writing knowledge to other writing occasions
This online Coursera course is offered in partnership with Duke University. More information about this course can be found here
- This is ten-part series held at @america on Saturdays, 1, 8, 15, 22, 29 April, 6, 13, 20,27 May, 3 June , 10:30 am - 12:30 pm.
- Participants must register with both Coursera and @america. All participants are advised to pre-register online in order to secure your seat.
- Pre-register for the course with Coursera here
- Pre-register with @america here
- Registration opens at 10:00 am on all days of the course.
- Priority will be given to those who have pre-registered.
- Participants who pre-register must arrive at least 15 minutes before the start of the program, in order to be guaranteed a seat.
- Participants who arrive 30 minutes after the class starts will not be counted in the attendance.
- Walk-ins will be asked to sign-up and queue and will be allowed to enter at the discretion of @america.
@america welcomes visitors on a first-come, first-seated basis as space allows. Due to capacity limits and for your safety, we cannot always admit all guests. Should visitors be unable to enter, we offer our apologies and remind you that our performance center events are live streamed at www.atamerica.or.id/video