A business not only impacts its customers, suppliers, and employees, but also its surrounding community and society. What new models exist for amplifying social value, while maintaining profitability and stakeholder commitment? Come find out in this four-part course presented by the U.S. Department of State and Coursera.
Wayah Wiroto, GE Volunteers Chairman Indonesia
In this course we will explore the emergence of a new story about business. This new story locates business within a societal framework. Almost every business creates or destroys value for customers, suppliers, employees, communities and society, in addition to shareholders and other financiers. A number of new models of business can be built on this idea, including corporate responsibility, philanthropy, shared value, and sustainability. Profits and stakeholder value go together, and this course explains how. The final session explores the idea of how to become a stakeholder entrepreneur and create a business that makes money and makes the world a better place.
- Registration opens at on all days of the course.
- Priority will be given to those who have pre-registered.
- Participants who pre-register must arrive at least 15 minutes before the start of the program to be guaranteed a seat.
- Participants who arrive 30 minutes after the class starts will not be counted in the attendance.
- Walk-ins will be asked to sign-up and queue and will be allowed to enter at the discretion of @america