@america is back with our annual anniversary design competition. Enter your original design and have it be featured on official @america merchandise! Help us celebrate our 9th Anniversary by submitting your entry with the potential to win great prizes and have your design featured throughout Indonesia on our tote bag or t-shirts!
Submission period: July 23rd - September 9th, 2019
Your design will be judged by:
Agung Bagus Udayana
Irwan Harnoko from Worldwide Graphic Designers
James Darmawan from Pradita Institue
Novita Angka from Octo Design
US Embassy Representative
Who are eligible to participate in this competition?
- Indonesian Citizens Indonesia
- This competition will be divided into two categories: University Student or General Public
- If participants are a university student but register to the General Public Category, then your registration and entry may be voided.
- If participants are NOT a university student but register to the University Category, then your registration and entry may be voided.
Registration and Design Submission Process:
Step 1 (How to register?)
Participants will register through a link. Registration forms will be categorized into 2: University Students Category and General Public Category.
- If you are a University student, please register through this link
- If you are NOT a university student (General Public), please register through this link
On the registration form, the participants will fill their name, email, phone number. If you are a university student, please include your university name.
STEP 2 (How to submit your design?)
- Participants will need to submit their design and copy of their ID card (university ID card for University Students Category) to email@example.com and cc: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The format of the design file name must be name_surname_city_design 1.
- If you plan on submitting more than 1 design then "design 1" is changed to "design 2", and so on.
Competition Rules and Guidelines:
- Create your best design to highlight Indonesia and United States relations through the theme "Your Today, Your Future with US".
- The design must include @america’s logo (download our logo here password: 123456)
- Respect intellectual property! As a contestant, you certify that your entry is:
- Created solely by you
- That no other person or entity holds the copyright to your entry or any aspect of its features
- Your design may not contain any offensive language or imagery
- 5 finalists from each category (University and Public category) will be selected by @america based on the creativity of your design and how well you have captured the theme
- @america will announce 5 finalists from each category (University and Public category) via social media on September 30th that are obliged to attend the final session to present their design during "#9thAnniversaryDesignCompetition: Final" on October 18th
- Finalists will also be contacted by email to be explained about the "#9thAnniversaryDesignCompetition: Final" session and what to prepare
- If the finalist cannot be reached or does not reply the email within 3 days after the initial notification, then @america reserves the right to select another finalist
- If the finalist lives inside the JABODETABEK area, they must attend (at their own expense) the "#9thAnniversaryDesignCompetition: Final"
- If the finalist lives outside the JABODETABEK area and cannot attend the Pitch Session, they must be able to connect to @america via digital video conference (Skype, Google Hangouts, etc) in a location with an excellent internet connection to participate.
- If the finalists are not able to attend "#9thAnniversaryDesignCompetition: Final" (whether in-person or via digital video conference), then @america reserves the right to select another finalist
- Employees of @america, the United States Embassy - Indonesia, their family members, or anyone else connected in any way to the competition is excluded from competition participation
- @america reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition, and these terms and conditions without advanced notice, due to force major. Any changes to the competition will be shared with entrants as soon as possible
- All submissions are the property of @america
- All decisions are final
- By entering this competition, you agree with these terms and conditions
- Create your design with the dimensions 27 x 30 cm
- Color: 5 solid colors without gradations (for screen printing purposes)
- Format: adobe illustrator / pdf (include the jpeg format)
- Participants can submit more than 1 design and a maximum of 3 designs
- 1 design sent with 1 package consisting of 3 parts: (adobe illustrator/pdf, jpeg and entry form)
- Post your design to your Instagram page with a description of a maximum of three sentences explaining your design. Be sure to tag @atamerica, and use these hashtags #IndonesiaUSA70th #atamerica9thAnniv
- Send your design as stated in the "Registration and Design Submission Process" section
- We will select 3 winners from each category (University Students Category and Public Category)
- The winning design from each category will be featured on @america’s 2020 merchandises and the designer will receive Apple iPad Pro (12.9-inch, Wi-Fi, 256GB) and and Apple Pencil as a grand prize
- 2nd place from each category will receive WACOM DTH1320AK0 Cintiq Pro 13"
- 3rd place from each category will receive WACOM Intuos Draw CTL490WO
- The winner who resides within JABODETABEK should collect their prizes at @america, 3rd Floor, Pacific Place Mall
- Winner outside of JABODETABEK must provide a valid mailing address to receive their prize via postal delivery
- No cash alternative to the prizes will be offered. The prizes are not transferable
- Any technical questions or problems with prize functionality should be addressed to the product’s manufacturer. @america is not responsible for any technical or operational problems